“Wide reading is not valuable as a kind of hoarding, an accumulation of knowledge, or what sometimes is meant by the term ‘a well-stocked mind.’ It is valuable because in the process of being affected by one powerful personality after another, we cease to be dominated by any one, or by any small number. The very different views of life, cohabiting in our minds, affect each other, and our own personality asserts itself and gives each a place in some arrangement peculiar to ourself.” -T.S. Eliot
Graduate Instructor , Texas Tech University (2019–present)
- ENGL 3385, The Selected Plays of Shakespeare: Survey of comedies, histories, tragedies, and romances.
- ENGL 2351, Introduction to Creative Writing: Fundamentals of creative writing with practice in writing poetry, fiction, and/or nonfiction.
- ENGL 2307, Introduction to Fiction: Critical study of and writing about a variety of short stories and novels.
- ENGL 2305, Introduction to Poetry: Introduction to the art of poetry through critical study of poems representing a variety of styles, periods, cultures, and authors.
- ENGL 1302, Advanced College Rhetoric: Writing in the Health Professions: Composition class centered around a research project of the student’s choosing for students in majoring in fields related to health and medicine.
- ENGL 1302, Advanced College Rhetoric: Composition class centered around a research project of the student’s choosing.
- ENGL 1301, Essentials of College Rhetoric: Composition class based on the fundamentals of collegiate writing and analysis.
Predoctoral Instructor , The University of Washington (2017–2019)
- ENGL 283, Beginning Verse Writing: Intensive study of the ways and means of making a poem.
- ENGL 131, Composition: Composition class based on the fundamentals of collegiate writing and analysis, with various themes implemented in different quarters, including Comedy and Language and Identity.
Teaching Fellow, The University of North Texas (2016–2017)
- ENGL 1302, Advanced College Composition: Composition course providing advanced instruction.
- ENGL 1301, Introduction to College Composition: Introduction to rhetoric and composition.
Adult Education Instructor, Cleburne ISD (2014–2016)
- ESL and GED instruction for adults